In this episode, Robin is interviewed by Abigail, a relatively new, self-proclaimed pansexual, and Host of her own podcast all about relationships called, “The Manic Pixie Weirdo”. The week before this episode aired with Robin, Abigail did a solo episode on her podcast called, “My Relationship with Coming Out”, and therefore wanted to interview Robin to learn more about her own relationship with coming out, and what Robin’s process was like.
In this episode, you will hear Abigail interview Robin and learn about . . .
- My “Aha!” moment, at 54 years young!
- My ten-year span of ‘awakening’ after a lifetime of heteronormativity.
- There’s no puttin’ the genie back in the bottle once she pops out!
- There are two camps of women: those who ‘knew’ but for external societal reasons had to stuff it down; and those of us who stuffed it so far down, (due to implicit societal reasons), that it took decades to ‘know’.
- How inexplicable, confusing infatuations back then, make complete sense now.
- Do we need ‘labels’? Do we want labels?
- Married women liking women: oh my gosh, this IS a ‘thing’!
- How do you know for sure you’re gay, having never been intimate with a woman?
- Is it ‘normal’ to feel resentments about NOT coming out sooner?
- In what ways have I, and do ‘we’, personally grow, since coming out?
- I’ve come out late in life, so, what else don’t I know about myself?
- Everything in my life happens FOR me, not TO me!
- Hetero-dating versus same-sex dating - who makes the first move? How do you flirt?
- Indoctrinating yourself into the gay culture; ask for guidance if you need it.
- When in doubt, just use “ya’ll” for everyone’s pronouns.
- Coming out later: is self-care selfish?
- Wanna support our “Coming Out Late” podcast? Then please consider buying Robin a “virtual” coffee as a sign of your appreciation for all the time, love and energy she pours into our Community. Any and all donations are deeply, deeply appreciated!! Simply go to: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/RobinDouglass
Links to resources:
THE FIRST “COMING OUT LATE” RETREAT OF 2023:
Come join Robin and your coming out late peers at the very first retreat of 2023 in March, in Phoenix Arizona. To be added to the Phoenix Retreat waiting list, email Robin your name to: Comingoutlater@gmail.com.
SPEAKER SUMMIT #4: A Conversation with Hulu’s star couple from “Mormon No More”, and creators of their “Peace Out” podcast, Sal Osborne & Lena Schwen.You can purchase the RECORDING from this Speaker Summit by sending $27 to either Venmo: @comingoutlater or PayPal: @NovareInternational, THEN emailing Robin at Comingoutlater@gmail.com, to request your copy of the Recording.
COMING OUT LATE FB GROUP:
Join our private FB Group: Coming Out Late at:
Wanna support our “Coming Out Late” podcast? Then please consider 'buying me a coffee' as a sign of appreciation. Any and all donations are deeply, deeply appreciated!! Simply go to: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/RobinDouglass
COMING OUT LATE SUPPORT GROUPS:
ALL of our now FOUR support groups have gone to a $5 per person, per meeting “Cover Charge”. ALL groups are now accessible via a unique Buy Me A Coffee link that is special to each of the four support groups, AND, once you’ve paid, will take you to the Zoom link needed to enter the support group. Here are those special Buy Me A Coffee links to join each of those support groups:
Women Helping Women, every Tuesday at 12:30pm EST
Bisexually Speaking, every Wednesday at 12:30pm EST
Women Loving Women, every Wednesday evening at 7:00pm EST
Fifty Plus & Fabulous, every OTHER Thursday from 7pm EST to 10pm EST
(Next dates: 10/20/22, 11/3/22, 11/17/22)
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/RobinDouglass/e/93024For information on how to join any one of the four Support Groups, simply email Robin at: Comingoutlater@gmail.com